Skip to main content

The Value of Helping

Helping others is an essential part of being a human being, connecting together and helping a brother or sister. In times of misfortune and disaster, like the recent Terrorist attacks in Manchester and London, the accounts and stories of those who aid and benefit others are inspirational. Some people even dedicate their lives to helping others, like the armed forces and the emergency services - all who put themselves in danger for the greater good.

Nevertheless, helping others isn’t restricted to these outstanding gestures or times of misfortune. I have learnt over the last few years that helping others can be done each and every day. And the best bit, opposed to what you may have think or see in this crazy 21st century fast paced me-me-me world, helping others doesn’t always have to be a self-sacrificing unselfish deed. I have learnt to understand that helping others can actually help myself. No matter what the incentive or inspiration, getting out and helping others is the key.

Yesterday, I met one of my clients who was having an issue with his self confidence in front of camera. But something weird happened. You see, when you help someone, they will be more likely to help you. .. and he did. I taught him how to be a diva in front of a camera and he helped me with obstacle on my marketing that I had been banging my head against the wall for months.

What was difficult for him to see – was easy for me – so I shared my thoughts and now he is a TV diva. My issue was an aspect of marketing that I had been bashing my head against the wall for months to sort .. he said three lines that sorted it in an instant

This is the rudimentary, unsaid understanding that powers nearly every move. I might spend all day busting a gut helping you move house, but you owe me. But here is the best bit, it’s much simpler to find help when someone knows you would do the same for them.

Now its true this person might not live up to their end of the deal, and swap the shoes around - you may not either. Yet if you help sufficient people and do numerous noble deeds, as what comes around goes around, it will be come back when needed