Skip to main content

Letting agents USP’s

USP’s .. Unique Selling Points .. the stuff that make you different and unique to every other letting agent.... but what are yours Mr(s) Letting Agent?  Are you more professional than the other agents in your town? More friendly? The most ARLA’ist agent in town? Your free valuations are the most freeeeeeeee’ist in town? Sorry, Mr (s) Letting Agent utter drivel.


If I walked into your office today Mr(s) letting agent, could you AND YOUR COLLEAGUES, off the top your/their head, without umming erring or hesitating, answer these questions .....
  1. In one sentence, tell me what makes your lettings agency so different to the 45 others in town?
  2. In one sentence, tell me why I should even give you the chance to even give you 30 minutes of my time for a market appraisal
  3. In one sentence, explain to me why I should believe anything you tell me
  4. And finally, again in one sentence, tell to me why I shouldn’t wait one minute longer to take you up on your services
You might think you are a really great and unique letting agent, but if you can’t give a landlord a really solid reason of what you do or why it matters.... then I ask, are really that unique?
How you answer these questions are your USP’s. If you as a letting agent don’t have this message clearly defined, consistently given and focused, that everyone can roll off their tongue with a micro second’s notice, then my blog reading friend .. you don’t have any USP’s and you are just ‘another letting agent’ ...

But if you believe you are unique, and that uniqueness will help your landlords ...better getting agreeing some .. time for a staff brain storming session .. and remember .. only ‘one sentence answers’ are allowed.

Feel free to email me at christopher@christopherwatkin.co.uk with your answers .. I would be genuinely interested to see your results

Oh and mine ...

  1. I help letting agents grow their lettings agencies by 20% to 30% with 12 months with tried and tested techniques that work
  2. If you give me 30 minutes, no 12 minutes of your time, I will tell you many of the techniques over the phone at no cost to you, so even if you think I am too expensive, you can start getting more landlords for your lettings agency and not even pay me a penny to do so.
  3. Ring up any of the 40+ Linkedin recommendations I have from letting agents like yourself who have gone on public record about how good the landlord farming system is and how it has helped their business
  4. If you want more landlords for your lettings agency and are prepared to put in the graft, then I am the only person in the UK that is teaching letting agents the landlord farming system, a proved system that grows lettings agencies, so what are you waiting for?