Skip to main content

Tenants don’t matter

That's what one letting agent told me the other day. The value of marketing focused on tenants is zero.... completely useless.
You can market your lettings agency by telling or you can market it by showing. There's no doubt that interactive marketing, marketing where you actually deliver something of value, is far far more powerful than telling. Telling is just bragging. Telling is ignored. Showing, on the other hand, is about me. me, me, me! It's about providing an interactive experience that touches me.

What a great opportunity to do just that. I might be crazy, but my guess is that people who are  tenants are also people who might be landlords (or even more importantly, know landlords). And my guess is that giving someone, a tenant, an extraordinary experience (by simply caring and not treating them like a piece of dirt on your shoe like many agencies do) when they are a tenant is the best way in the world to turn that person into an advocate, a flag bearer for your lettings company, to recommend you others even if they will never be a landlord themselves.